Mushroom and Potato Beef Stew
12 oz Beef stew meat, diced
2 cups Paisley Farm Marinated Mushrooms, drained
1 cup Yellow onion, diced
½ cup Carrot, diced
½ cup Celery, diced
1 cup Yukon gold potatoes, diced
4 oz Red wine
2 quarts Beef stock
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
2 tablespoons Water
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper and brown in pot. Remove beef and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add in mushrooms and remaining vegetables. Cook until onions become translucent.
- Add red wine to the vegetable mixture and cook until it has reduced to dry. Stir in beef stock and browned meat.
- Bring pot to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water, creating a slurry. Add to stew and allow to cook until it has thickened slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper, and enjoy!