Lemon And Herb Roasted Chicken
With fryer chicken
1 6pound fryer chicken
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 small yellow onion, quartered
1 lemon, quartered
2 sprigs each of fresh thyme, rosemary and oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place chicken in a roasting pan or large casserole dish.
- Coat the chicken with the butter, both on top of and under the skin.
- Season the outside and the cavity with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cavity of the chicken with onion, lemon and herbs.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 400 degrees for the remaining hour of cooking. *
- Serve and enjoy with Paisley Farm Four Bean Salad and your other holiday favorites!
*Your chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the juices should run clear when cut before serving. Place a meat thermometer between the leg and thigh for an accurate reading.