Brussels Sprouts Soup
This recipe was created by A Gouda Life for The Paisley Farm Recipe Challenge.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large potatoes, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 small onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
5 ½ cups chicken stock
2 cups Dilled Brussels Sprouts, chopped
¼ cup flour
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons Dilled Brussels Sprouts juice from the jar or more to taste
2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
Optional garnish: thinly sliced Dilled Brussels sprouts and coarse black pepper
- In a large pot add the olive oil, potatoes, carrots, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Pour in the chicken stock, cover and cook with a low boil until the carrots and vegetables are tender then fold in Dilled Brussels Sprouts.
- In a small bowl blend the flour, sour cream, juice from the jar and dill then temper the mixture by whisking in ¼ cup of the hot soup broth. Pour the tempered sour cream blend into the soup 2 tablespoons at a time whisking constantly until it’s all combined.
- Simmer uncovered 3-5 minutes until it thickens. Fold in the butter, stirring until combined then taste and adjust salt and pepper as you like.
- (Optional) garnish with thinly sliced brussels sprouts and serve hot.