Sweet Potato Enchilada Bake
This recipe was created by Power Hungry for The Paisley Farm Recipe Challenge.
2 cups red enchilada sauce
1 large sweet potato (1 pound), peeled and very thinly sliced
1 24-ounce jar Paisley Farm Five Bean Salad, well-drained
6 cups chopped lacinato or curly kale (tough stems removed)
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I used nondairy, but use dairy cheese if you like)
Optional garnish: additional chopped cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pour ⅓ of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a medium-large baking pan (e.g., 11x7 inches). Layer ⅓ of the sweet potatoes on top followed by half the kale, half the bean salad, half the cilantro and ⅓ of the cheese.
- Pour another third of the sauce over and repeat the layers. Pour the remaining sauce over and top with the remaining sweet potatoes.
- Tightly cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 hour and 10 to 20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Let the casserole sit for about 10 minutes before sprinkling with the optional cilantro and serving.