Sweet and Sour Cauliflower Chicken
This recipe was created by The Prize of Cooking for The Paisley Farm Recipe Challenge.
2 tablespoons oil
1 1/4 pounds (20 ounces) chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 small onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 24 ounce jar Paisley Farm Sweet Cauliflower, liquid drained and saved
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Cooked white rice for 4 servings
- Drain the Sweet Cauliflower and keep the liquid to make the sweet and sour sauce. Set the cauliflower aside.
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of the Sweet Cauliflower liquid, vinegar, ketchup and crushed red pepper flakes if desired then whisk together. Remove 1/4 cup of the liquid mixture and whisk it with the cornstarch. Return the cornstarch liquid into the remaining liquid and stir together. Set aside.
- Season the cubed chicken with the salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and sear the cubed chicken for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan,, cover and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the onions and bell peppers for 4-5 minutes until tender. Add in the drained cauliflower and continue sauteing to heat the cauliflower.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and add in the sweet and sour liquid. Cook through until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over cooked white rice.