Southwest Skillet Cornbread
This recipe was created by The Prudent Garden for The Paisley Farm Recipe Challenge.
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
1 tablespoon of butter
1/3 cup honey
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup Paisley Farm Southwest Bean Salad
10 inch cast iron or another oven-safe skillet
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk the honey, egg, and buttermilk into the melted butter. Set aside.
- In a separate larger bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Gently fold in the Paisley Farms Southwest Bean Salad.
- Place the tablespoon of butter into the skillet and then place the skillet in the oven to heat it up for a minute or two.
- Pour batter into the hot skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges and top are golden brown.