Roasted Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts with Apple, Nuts, and Sausage
This recipe was created by Bought To You By Mom for The Paisley Farm Recipe Challenge.
1- 24 oz jar of Paisley Farm Dilled Brussels Sprouts
1- 24 oz jar of Paisley Farm Sweet Cauliflower
3 diced red apples
6 small sausage links
1/2 cup of mixed nuts
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the mixed nuts evenly across the baking sheet.
- Roast the nuts in the oven for 20-minutes.
- While nuts are roasting, warm olive oil in a large pan.
- Begin cooking sausage in separate pan.
- Drain and lightly rinse the Brussels sprouts and Sweet Cauliflower. Do not rinse so much that the flavoring is lost but just enough to tame the dill flavor.
- Add Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, diced apples, and garlic salt to pan with the olive oil. Coat with olive oil and mix all ingredients together.
- Roast in pan over medium heat until Brussels sprouts begin to open and all ingredients have softened.
- Turn the Brussels sprouts and cauliflower mix to a lower heat and finish cooking the sausage.
- Once sausage is fully cooked, dice the links.
- Add into the Brussels sprouts and cauliflower and mix together well for a few minutes. Do not overcook the sausage. If nuts have finished roasting, remove from oven and set aside.
- Once nuts have finished roasting, add them to the dish and mix together.
- Serve warm in a large bowl. Enjoy the amazing flavors of tangy, sweet, and savory all mixed in a beautiful presentation.