Mushroom and Pesto Flatbread
@BBQwithBoterman on Instagram was inspired by our Organic Marinated Mushrooms for this tasty flatbread recipe!
2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8oz pizza dough, rolled thin
1 cup pesto
¾ cup Paisley Farm Organic Marinated Mushrooms (sliced)
4oz fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
Garnish- freshly grated Parmesan, balsamic vinegar of your choice, fresh basil leaves.
- Make pesto- Combine basil leaves and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse 3-4 times. Add garlic and cheese, pulse again 3-4 times. Clean the sides down with a spatula. Add salt and pepper.
- Turn on the food processor and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Clean down the sides with a spatula. Blend until the mixture is the consistency of a thick sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat grill on high.
- Place dough on grill and cook until the top of the dough starts to bubble.
- Flip and top with pesto, mushrooms and mozzarella.
- Close lid to melt cheese.
- Carefully take off grill, garnish with freshly grated Parmesan, a swirl of balsamic vinegar, and fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!