Crispy Ranch Chicken Thighs with Potatoes, Mushrooms and Dilled Brussels Sprouts
This recipe was created by Coconut and Lime for The Paisley Farm Recipe Challenge.
8 chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb)
1 1/2 tablespoon buttermilk ranch dressing mix
8 oz crimini mushrooms (halved if large)
1 lb "baby" potatoes
3/4 cup caramelized onions* (about 2 onion's worth)
1 1/2 cup Paisley Farm Dilled Brussels Sprouts (with brine, about half a 24-oz jar)
superfine flour (like Wondra)
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly oil or spray with cooking spray a 9x13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with ranch mix, flour, and pepper. Flour the top (skin-side) of the chicken. Place the chicken skin-side down in the pan.
- Cook about 10 minutes or until the skin is crisp, lightly browned and much of the fat has rendered into the pan. DO NOT FLIP THE CHICKEN!
- Meanwhile, arrange the potatoes, mushrooms, Dilled Brussels Sprouts and onions in single layer in the baking pan.
- Top with the chicken, skin-side up.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the potatoes are tender. Serve immediately.
In a time pinch? Just use thinly sliced raw onion slices under the chicken.