Cream Of Mushroom Soup
1 stick Butter
½ cup Diced Celery
2 tbsp of Shallots, minced
2 tbsp Flour
2 cups Stock
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Paisley Farm Organic Marinated Mushrooms
1 cup Baby Spinach
Shredded cheese for garnish
- Take butter, celery and shallots. Let sweat in pot on stove until translucent. Next, add flour and work in until smooth. Add the stock and simmer for half an hour on very low. Should be creamy-looking and flour taste should cook out. Stir every few minutes at lowest possible heat.
- Blend together with an emersion blender. Can be chunky. Add cup of heavy cream. Stir in. Bring to quick boil, then let simmer.
- In separate pan, take tablespoon butter to make garnish.
- Warm butter in pan. Add cup of baby spinach on top of butter, moisten leaves with the butter.
- Add cup of drained Paisley Farm Mushrooms (whole) and blend together. (Optional: slice mushrooms)
- Wilt baby spinach, then add entire mixture into boiling soup in pot. (This takes a few seconds)
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Add salt/pepper to taste while boiling.
- Put in bowl, add shredded cheddar cheese on top for garnish.