Country Fried Buttermilk Chicken
With Paisley Farm Five Bean And Red Potato Salad
3 pounds of Chicken (quartered)
3 cups Buttermilk
1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 tbsp Tarragon (dried)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix buttermilk, mustard, and tarragon together in large bowl or glass pan.
- Marinate chicken for at least two hours, up to overnight.
- Heat oil in pan up to 325 – 350 degrees.
- Roll the pre-marinated chicken into the bowl of flour.
- Season flour to taste with salt & pepper.
- Shake off excess buttermilk that drips.
- Place in frying pan. Oil should cover half of the chicken pieces. Leave the tops of chicken exposed.
- Brown chicken in the pan before flipping chicken to brown other side. (Option: can cook chicken the entire way in pan or move to the oven. We moved to an oven.)
- Turn oven on 350 degrees.
- Cook in over for 20 minutes until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Pair with Paisley Farm Five Bean and Red Potato Salad