Braised Tips Of Beef Over Noodles
With Paisley Farm Organic Marinated Mushrooms
¼ cup Butter
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
¼ cup Carrots
¼ cup Celery
1 cup Onion
1 cup Red Wine
½ cup Flour
4 cups Beef Stock
1 Cup Paisley Farm Organic Marinated Mushrooms
- Add the 2 ¼ cup boneless sirloin, diced. On a medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Stir occasionally until meat is browned. Don’t let them blacken.
- Remove beef tips into separate bowl, but keep warm. Now going to make sauce in that same pan.
- Add carrots/onion/celery (diced) to pan with butter/oil mixture
- Stir around and brown carrots/onions
- After browned, add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste. Caramelize the onions after adding this.
- Add 1 cup red wine – Chianti used in this case. Stir around until the bottom of the pan is cleared so that all ingredients are combined.
- Add ½ cup flour. Stir together well.
- Add 4 cups beef stock. Stir together, make it smooth. Let it come to a small boil, which is its fullest thickening potential. Want it to look like a nice gravy.
- Use emersion blender to further blend into a nice gravy looking mixture.
- Optional: can put mixture into strainer and strain out vegetables. Can get rid of vegetables, used for taste.
- Add the sirloin tips back into the mixture, bring back to a small boil. Warms up the beef tips again. Takes about 5 minutes.
Garnish in separate pan
- Add tablespoon butter
- Add cup of Paisley Farm mushrooms
- Couple tablespoons of scallions
- Sauté together.
- (This will be the garnish) (Have already cooked noodles, separately)