Boterman's Tortellini Pasta Salad
@BBQwithBoterman on Instagram was inspired by our Organic Marinated Mushrooms for this tasty new pasta salad recipe. Perfect for cookouts, picnics, or all by itself!
1 Cup Pesto (recipe below)
20 oz. Bag of Cheese Tortellini
4 oz. Deli Pepperoni (chopped)
8-10 oz Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
8 oz Paisley Farms Marinated Mushrooms (roughly chopped)
1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Medium Red Onion (finely diced)
1/4 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan
Fresh Basil (for garnish)
2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine basil leaves and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse 3-4 times. Add garlic and cheese, pulse again 3-4 times. Clean the sides down with a spatula. Add salt and pepper.
- Turn on the food processor and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Clean down the sides with a spatula. Blend until the mixture is the consistency of a thick sauce.
- Boil water, cook tortellini for 90 seconds. Do not cook too long or pasta will be soft/fall apart.
- Place tortellini (cooled) in a large mixing bowl. Gently fold in all of the ingredients. Chill and serve!
- Note: If making the night before, simply toss it with some olive oil right before serving to bring it back to the right texture.
For the pasta salad: