BBQ Pulled Pork with Sweet Beets
2-pound Pork loin
1 Jar of Paisley Farm Sweet Pickled Beets, drained
2 Yellow onions
¼ cup Brown sugar
¼ cup Paprika
2 tablespoons Garlic powder
2 tablespoons Onion powder
1 tablespoon Dried oregano
1 tablespoon each Salt and pepper
1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven or grill to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with enough foil to hang over the sides and eventually fold over roast, to forma foil packet. Cover the bottom of the foil-lined pan with beets and onions.
- Mix all dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Coat pork with an even layer of dry rub.
- Place rubbed pork on top of onions and beets, and close foil packet.
- Place in preheated oven/grill for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for an additional 2.5 hours.
- Once cooked, let rest for at least 20 minutes before shredding and serve with your favorite barbecue sauce as pulled pork sandwiches.