Bacon & Brussels Tart
This recipe was created by Oh, Bite It for The Paisley Farm Recipe Challenge.
1 refrigerated pie crust
2 tbsp cream cheese, room temp.
1/2 cup cooked and chopped bacon
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. of the Brussels Sprouts juice from the jar
a sprinkling of Feta (optional)
a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (optional)
dash of salt & pepper
1 egg mixed with a splash of water, for egg wash
- Slice the bacon into 1/2″ pieces (OR skip this step and USE REAL BACON BITS), in a med pan, fry just until tender/crispy. Reserve the bacon grease (about 2 tbsp. of it in the pan) and move the bacon onto a paper towel, set aside.
- Now in the pan, add in the chopped onions and saute until tender. Add the bacon back into the pan, and mix in the brown sugar, and 2 tbsp. of the Dilled Brussels Sprouts juice. Mix it all together, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Now roll out the pie crust, pinch the edges, and gently smear on the cream cheese, add a dash of salt & pepper if you’d like.
- Slice the brussels sprouts in half, and top the cream cheese with as many of them as you prefer.
- Add the onion & bacon mixture evenly onto the tart.
- Brush the edges with the egg wash.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden, and firm.
- Let cool for a few minutes, top with the Feta, and maybe a drizzle of balsamic vinegar then slice and serve. Enjoy!