The Perfect Steak
1 1.5-inch New York strip steak
3 tablespoons butter
Paisley Farm Southwest Bean Salad
Parsley, for garnish
- Remove steak from the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature to take the chill off, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once steak has come to room temperature, heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Thoroughly salt steak. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in preheated skillet and place steak in pan, seasoned side down.
- Allow steak to cook, undisturbed for 4-6 minutes on the first side, or until edges have started to brown and juices have started to rise to the surface. Salt, flip and repeat for another 4-6 minutes on second side, or until steak has reached desired doneness. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining tablespoon of butter and garnish with parsley.
- Serve alongside roasted potatoes and Paisley Farm Southwest Bean Salad for a quick and delicious dinner!